Help with an ID

ExpensiveSushi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
65
Reaction score
63
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed these guys starting to spread around an old pavona skeleton. At first I thought they were a zoa that I'd long since thought had vanished in a crash, but they don't seem to have the same structure as they mature. None of them are larger than a zoa. Green ones in center of pic. Thanks for the help fam!
1750876350776.png

1750876374679.png
 
Are you able to pull the pavona out and get a picture of the foot/base of those? It appears like the center is a mouth, however, they don't resemble a zoa. They sort of resemble an anemone? I'm leaning towards a majano anemone.
 
It could be new growth of the same coral.
I had a Lepto colony die, but a few months later the same thing happened:
1750879094124.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new