Help with Anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter willcollv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

willcollv

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s seems as everytime I buy an anemone in the store there huge but as soon as I get them home there smaller and tentacles are not as long and there not starving and they all ways get occupied what’s wrong?
 
We can't help you without any specific info.
 
It’s seems as everytime I buy an anemone in the store there huge but as soon as I get them home there smaller and tentacles are not as long and there not starving and they all ways get occupied what’s wrong?

Sounds like acclimation behavior and differences between lfs holding tank and a home reef tank but as said, we need more info.
 
Tank parameters would be a great start along with tank/lighting info.
 
aa2df04856965b0908fb82dd8bf48be8.heic
 
That is a really bleached bta.

What lighting was it kept under in the lfs and what lighting do you have?

Also be careful with the clownfish possibly smothering the nem, stressing it.
 
What % do you run the light at and what are nitrate, phosphate, and alkalinity levels
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new