Help with anenome

beep119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what kind if anenome this is?
I was told it was a bubble anenome, but is it a specific type?
Not a lot of tentacles like some I see. I had a tank crash a few months ago, but tank is now doing good with a new filter. I have some crabs and this anenome and all seem to be doing well, but all my fish died. I plan to get some new
image.jpg
clowns soon. You guys think this is a good anenome for the clowns when I get them?
And what other coral, fish or anything cool you guys think would be good in the tank? I'm still learning what goes good with what...lol
And what can I get to help with the algae? All water levels are in a good spot, but still get this algae growing.

It's a 30 gallon tank.
Thank you

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are a ton of questions in this post that aren't easily answered. I would suggest you continue to research information on maintaining a saltwater tank. Live aquaria has great information regarding fish compatability and minimum tank sizes for various fish. Your anemone looks to be a rose bubble tip but can't be sure on that by the picture (color isn't obvious). Different clowns may or may not be hosted by it. You could read up on clowns and their natural anemone hosts. I believe a bubble tip is a natural host to maroon clowns but they can be extremely aggressive and probably not good in a 30 gallon. A bubble-tip will host other types of clowns but it's hit or miss but very possible :)

As far as the algae, your levels are testing ok because the phosphate is bound up in the algae. It may be helpful to use a phosphate removing media but you'll need to figure out why you're getting excess phosphate to help with the problem long-term. You'll want to get your excess nutrients in check before adding more live stock - but a suggestion as "cool" additions - goby/pistol pair - look in the nano section of live aquaria for various fish that are suggested for your tank size. HTH!

krystalgracie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think mine is doing well. I've kept my tank for 2 years no problems but this anenome is almost face down. I don't know what to do. My salt is fine and my ammonia is fine ph is about 8.4. All my fish seem like there happy and normal acting. Sorry I posted in your post but I couldn't figure out where to go to make a new post. I'm doing this from my phone not a computer. Please help :)

Attachments

• 1412860549885.jpg
    1412860549885.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 120

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back