help with APEX Fusion app/Neptune system

The Reef Daddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to Reef2Reef. I have a 250 gal reef tank that is about 8 months old. Went with the Neptune System but using the APEX fusion app is a nightmare. Any good tutorials on this? Anyone else with frustration with this system? Ph probe lasts about 2 mo. Replaced twice. The only probe that I can get to work with any reliability it the temp probe. I'm wishing I went with a simpler system. What's the best tutorial on figuring this thing out?!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! There are many article and tutorials on the Apex system that can be found in the R2R articles section. Here is a link to some of them that may help:

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Slow down on the Apex. There is a little bit of a learning curve but there are number of people here on R2R to help. My Apex pH probe has been spot on for 2 years!

D0946C7E-B52F-4BDC-B4A1-79F1F8B36F30.gif

Last edited:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to Reef2Reef. I have a 250 gal reef tank that is about 8 months old. Went with the Neptune System but using the APEX fusion app is a nightmare. Any good tutorials on this? Anyone else with frustration with this system? Ph probe lasts about 2 mo. Replaced twice. The only probe that I can get to work with any reliability it the temp probe. I'm wishing I went with a simpler system. What's the best tutorial on figuring this thing out?!
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me a minute, but I'm starting to get it. There are a lot of great resources for the Apex on here and Fusion wasn't fun for a bit. Hang in there.

Attachments

• Welcome Bitmoji.png
    Welcome Bitmoji.png
    57 KB · Views: 22

Acalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might need to give it a few days to "tune in" maybe. I am not sure if you have the same thing happening, but I used to have an issue at the beginning with my PH probe (mind you I never replaced it).
I did the calibration initialy (upon setting up the Apex) but weeks in a row I was banging my head against the wall not knowing what to do to increase my PH (it was sitting quite low around 7.7 - 7.8)
Then one day I thought about comparing with a RedSea PH test and the RedSea test was shoing PH around 8.3.
So I went and re-calibrated the Apex PH probe and once I did, my probe started reading normal and kept doing so ever since.

1642798191443.png

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a horrible time setting up my apex. And i'm a mechanic that builds and programs machines for a hobby. It was worth it though. I watched tons of you tube videos and just tackled it a little at a time. You can do it. My best advice with the probes is make sure they are in the dark in an area with flow and NO bubbles. The probes collect bubbles then measure incorrectly. Also don't smack the probes or shake em too hard. If you do you will lose calibration.

MrBucket101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ph is temperature dependent. You need to make sure the ph calibration fluid is at the same temperature as the TMP probe when you calibrate.

either stick the TMP probe into the calibration liquid, or sit the packet in your sump for 15minutes to normalize.

Other than that, just calibrate and off you go. mines been rock solid stable ever since. But my trigger sump has a spot for probes in the skimmer chamber, almost tucked behind a wall, so no flow or bubbles to compete with.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back