Help with ATO/ApexEL/Optical Sensor/Break Out Box

mr9iron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I've had my ApexEl for a while now and it's worked well on my nano. However, I am building a 93 cube and need some help with a DIY ATO.

I have an IceCap ATO that has two optical sensors. I plan to cut the ends off the optical sensors and wire them to the Break Out Box but I don't know where they would go. I have an Avast Marine peristaltic pump that I want to use to move water from my storage reservoir to my sump.

I'm also not sure what coding I would need to initiate and stop the ATO process. I have read the manual, perused the Neptune threads and am stumped.

Can someone who has done something similar help me with this project?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this should be fairly simple. But just to be certain before I go forward, you do not want to use the IceCap ATO as is because?

OP
OP
mr9iron

mr9iron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this should be fairly simple. But just to be certain before I go forward, you do not want to use the IceCap ATO as is because?

Well, I was wanting to fiddle around and do my own DIY project but just decided to use the ATO as is. I kind of thought the little pump wouldn’t be able to push the water to my sump but I was wrong.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! A little pump with a big surprise. If you do need help in the future, let me know and we'll walk you through the set-up and programming.

diverpat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IceCap ATO that has two optical sensors. I plan to cut the ends off the optical sensors and wire them to the Break Out Box but I don't know where they would go. I have an Avast Marine peristaltic pump that I want to use to move water from my storage reservoir to my sump.
I dont think the optical sensors will work with the breakout box. The BOB works with simple open/close type switches like float switches. Optical switches need a power source. The FMM module may be better suited for that type of switch.

I use the ApexEL with a BOB and float switch for my ATO control and it is working great.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back