Help with ato!

Chiefmaster30

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an ato that has been running fine for months. I am going on vacation in the morning and only thing I changed is my ato container. I moved my ato pump to a bigger container and ran a new tubing that’s longer from the pump to the sump where my top off water enters. Done this yesterday. Get home today and notice sump water level is way higher than than ever and my float switch. The pump isn’t continuously running but the outlet seems to be putting water in my sump continuously. Is it just more runoff from the bigger container and longer ato tube or ???

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run the tube up to the display. Had the same problem, that's what I had to do. Caused a syphon as the water level in the container was higher that the water level in the sump,

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another way around this is to install a RO T fitting at the height of the water line in your ATO then add a few inches of tubing higher than the T.. If you don't want it pumping up to your DT that is, most standard ATO pumps struggle at those heights...
20180530_200624.jpg

20180530_200624.jpg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back