help with blue throat trigger

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
522
Reaction score
183
Location
Parkland, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a blue throat trigger for about 3 weeks. He has been eating krill shrimp like there is no tomorrow. 3 days ago he stopped eating. He has not touched a single krill, brine or mysis. can anyone give me a suggestion on what could be wrong? All of the other fish are eating well. I have 6 fish. the trigger, cardinal, yellow tang, psychadellic wrasse, mystery wrasse and a true perc. What can I do. my last water test was about a week ago and everything was perfect. nitrates 0 nitirtes 0 phos 0 cal 440 alk 9
 
Yeah ... I can see a fish stop out of the blue after he's been eating because he's being harrassed and doesn't want to get into it with the other fish.

Either that or he's got something internal.
 
no one is picking on him. he is twice as big as any other fish in the tank and has no damage. even when the yellow tang used to harass him a little, he would eat.
 
Just a thought but have you tried any algae or kelp food? Alot of the blue throats that come into my lfs dont really eat the krill they feed the tanks. They prefer the greenier variety as thats thier natural diet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new