Help with BTA please

Ivydoodles00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had my BTA in my 6 months Evo for a couple months. He was doing wonderfully up until about 2 weeks ago. He keeps moving and when he find his spot he doesnt look good. In the morning he is all blown up into his perfect round ball but as soon as I turn the lights on it opens up and deflates. Not sure what to do? My alk is good and calcium. I am currently growing coraline so my water must be good right? . Anyone know what to do to make it happy again? I am using the Fluval evo stoc
5568BCED-8E48-4056-9C2C-11222C7799E2_1_105_c.jpeg
k lighting. I even had the Aqua Knight light on for a while but neither light makes a difference. Everything else in tank looking good and healthy.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with testing the water parameters that you can and I would also send out an ICP test to make sure that everything in the water is good to go.

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding it brine shrimp but its not taking it now.
So that could be the issue. In my experience they do not do well with shells or large skeletal structures as food typically a clown would feed the nem but a large amount of nutrients for the bta should be your lighting. I have close to 20 in my system and never have done spot feedings. If your Gona feed I would get something Like a small clam strip half the size of its mouth and feed.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back