Help with BTA please

Ivydoodles00

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had my BTA in my 6 months Evo for a couple months. He was doing wonderfully up until about 2 weeks ago. He keeps moving and when he find his spot he doesnt look good. In the morning he is all blown up into his perfect round ball but as soon as I turn the lights on it opens up and deflates. Not sure what to do? My alk is good and calcium. I am currently growing coraline so my water must be good right? . Anyone know what to do to make it happy again? I am using the Fluval evo stoc
5568BCED-8E48-4056-9C2C-11222C7799E2_1_105_c.jpeg
k lighting. I even had the Aqua Knight light on for a while but neither light makes a difference. Everything else in tank looking good and healthy.
 
I would start with testing the water parameters that you can and I would also send out an ICP test to make sure that everything in the water is good to go.
 
I would start with testing the water parameters that you can and I would also send out an ICP test to make sure that everything in the water is good to go.
What is an ICP test?
 
I was feeding it brine shrimp but its not taking it now.
So that could be the issue. In my experience they do not do well with shells or large skeletal structures as food typically a clown would feed the nem but a large amount of nutrients for the bta should be your lighting. I have close to 20 in my system and never have done spot feedings. If your Gona feed I would get something Like a small clam strip half the size of its mouth and feed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new