help with female squamipinnus

frostywick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello im new on here and need some help about a week and half ago i added a female squamipinnis, i pretty sure it has swim bladder disease, as its been perfectly swimming and eating fine up untill yesterday where i started noticing laying on the sand bed and turning onto its side, my ammonia did spike yesterday due to a hermit crab molting and being at work i didnt notice till i got home but ive done water changes to bring it all down but what can i do to treat the squamipinnis? currently going into qt tonight, she is eating perfectly fine aswell

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about your fish, but why would a hermit crab molt cause an ammonia spike? I always leave the molts in the tank. Something always eats them eventually.

OP
OP
F

frostywick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my ammonia levels were 0 day before i checked them yesterday after i noticed the squamipinnis acting bit wierd and they had spiked so i just kinda just put that down the the hermit molting as not sure what else could of made the ammonia level spike

OP
OP
F

frostywick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i brought some anemones offline and when they got delivered to me they ended up being snakelock anemones and my partner dipped them and stuck them in the tank could they may have caused an issue? when i got in from work one was on a rock and the other 2 had wrapped thereself round a zoa but after research i ended up giving then away as they wasnt the anemones i ordered

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back