Help with flesh band of torch and frogspawn

brrdawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have a frogspawn that has gone downhill quickly. It went from large and beautiful to almost dead in about 2 months. I also have a torch that looks like its fleshband is receding. My params are
phos. .05
nitrates 10
Calc 429
Mag 1260
Salinity 1.025
Alk 8.5
Tank is about 17 months old.

I did have a breakout of large cell amphidnium for about six months and then it has gone away/corals looked way better with the Dino’s and now my corals have not looked great. All I have done is really leave it alone and dose microbacter7. I don’t try and do anything drastic. Just trying to keep things consistent. I have a lot of coralline and sponges but also a dark green algae that I suspect is growing on the corals. I have lost a bunch of zoas recently as well. Just getting really discouraged with the hobby and want to keep at it but it’s been tough. I haven’t gone crazy on water changes during the Dino/amphidnium outbreak because it would make it worse. Any help or dip advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_5853.jpeg IMG_5854.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have a frogspawn that has gone downhill quickly. It went from large and beautiful to almost dead in about 2 months. I also have a torch that looks like its fleshband is receding. My params are
phos. .05
nitrates 10
Calc 429
Mag 1260
Salinity 1.025
Alk 8.5
Tank is about 17 months old.

I did have a breakout of large cell amphidnium for about six months and then it has gone away/corals looked way better with the Dino’s and now my corals have not looked great. All I have done is really leave it alone and dose microbacter7. I don’t try and do anything drastic. Just trying to keep things consistent. I have a lot of coralline and sponges but also a dark green algae that I suspect is growing on the corals. I have lost a bunch of zoas recently as well. Just getting really discouraged with the hobby and want to keep at it but it’s been tough. I haven’t gone crazy on water changes during the Dino/amphidnium outbreak because it would make it worse. Any help or dip advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_5853.jpeg IMG_5854.jpeg
You may find this isn’t to do with your actual visible issues and instead to do with your bacteria in the water being unstable again. When bacteria in the water is stable your corals will love it but if one bacteria is out of balance (Likely caused when you got rid of your Dinos/Amphidium outbreak) I’ve had Euphyllia and Fimbriaphyllia die.

Your Phosphates are rather low for LPS (These guys enjoy .09 IME) and your magnesium is also on the low side, I’d aim for 1400-1480.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back