Help with getting control from 1 tank to another

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got a 6ft tank setup one side of room and about to setup another tank other side of room! Could I run a 15 ft aquabus cable from my apex 6 power bar to my other tank and into a 1 -link module aquabus port! then put 1ft aquabus cable from 1 link module to my pm1 module! And would I have to still plug the 1 link module power brick to mains as think you can run 3 items without power bricks ? or do you still have to plug power supply in for the 1-link module?

iv got cor 15 return pump for 1-link module and trident and maybe get dos ! could you run the 15 cor pump and trident and x2 dos dose pumps without power bricks as that would be 4 items ! or just link the x2 dos up with a aquabus or 1-link cable and just plug 1 of them into the 1-link module ?

thanks guys

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can daisy-chain many modules together with AquaBus cables, as long as the total length is under 200 feet.

The 1Link module requires the external power adapter to supply power to each 1Link device or 24v Accessory device. The total load of 1Link and 24v Accessory devices cannot exceed 100 watts:
  • COR15 ~ 60 watts
  • WAV ~ 30 watts
  • DOS ~ 22 watts
  • Trident ~ 10 watts
  • PMUP ~ 17 watts
  • Solenoid ~ 6 watts
  • GRO ~ 20 watts
See my Apex Hardware Overview article for more details on each module:

OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can daisy-chain many modules together with AquaBus cables, as long as the total length is under 200 feet.

The 1Link module requires the external power adapter to supply power to each 1Link device or 24v Accessory device. The total load of 1Link and 24v Accessory devices cannot exceed 100 watts:
  • COR15 ~ 60 watts
  • WAV ~ 30 watts
  • DOS ~ 22 watts
  • Trident ~ 10 watts
  • PMUP ~ 17 watts
  • Solenoid ~ 6 watts
  • GRO ~ 20 watts
See my Apex Hardware Overview article for more details on each module:
Thanks for the link ( very good info and big help) so looks like I will need another 1-link module to run the x2 dos/ cor 15 and trident! or just wait for the new power bar (uk) to come over the pond as that's got the 1 link ports on it

Also if im linking my modules together and link my ATO ffm box to my 1-link or pm1 have I got to use the power brick if comes with one the ATO ( Iv not looked in box yet as only just got it )

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link ( very good info and big help) so looks like I will need another 1-link module to run the x2 dos/ cor 15 and trident! or just wait for the new power bar (uk) to come over the pond as that's got the 1 link ports on it

Also if im linking my modules together and link my ATO ffm box to my 1-link or pm1 have I got to use the power brick if comes with one the ATO ( Iv not looked in box yet as only just got it )
AquaBus only supplies 12v of power to run the module itself. The Accessory ports on the FMM and 1Link output 24v and require the external power adapter to function.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back