Help with ID!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 33AP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

33AP

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
34
Reaction score
12
Location
13721 Richmond Hwy Unit 76 woodbridge Va 22191
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks in advance!

20260325_021413_A0680419-1B87-4189-BD42-3BFDD51BA5DB.png


I’ve been noticing a thin, filmy hair like growth on my zoa polyps, LPS stalks, & some areas of my rock. It seems to handle both low and high flow but shows up more in lower light areas.

Any idea what this could be and how to fully eliminate in the tank?

I’ve dipped Zoas in Hydrogen peroxide & it burns it off but eventually finds its way back due to inverts I’m guessing.

My parameters are always stable. I recently sent over an ICP, all checked out good besides aluminum.
Phos 0.08
Nitrate 12
Mag 1380
Alk 8.6
Cal 430

I don’t over feed my fish, and I don’t feed my coral.
 
You think it’s a possibility that this could be mucus coming from the spirorbid snails? Or do you have the feeling it is more algae-like attached to the rock itself?
 
You think it’s a possibility that this could be mucus coming from the spirorbid snails? Or do you have the feeling it is more algae-like attached to the rock itself?
Definitely more like algae, my zoas don’t have spirorbid worms so it can’t be from that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new