Help with ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter m.kristoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m.kristoff

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
826
Reaction score
335
Location
cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Need help with ID. I was told it is an Australian slimer. I'm not so sure.

It has very bushy polyps

AUS slimer.jpg
 
Can’t ID it with polyps that fluffy. Squirt some water at it to make the polyps retract and take a new pic. Probably A. millepora but not a definite.
 
I’m afraid you’ll need to grow it up a bit to see if it retains this appearance. It seems to have immersed corallites which is unusual and distinctive, but I would like to make sure it maintains this morphology as it grows out, before I hazard a guess.

Regardless, it’s a cool frag.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new