Help with Kent Nautilus EX skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter mex71
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mex71

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
amarillo tx.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Folks, hope someone can help.
I recently purchased a Kent Nautilus EX protein skimmer 24" from a lfs.
I recieved my Rio 12hf pump today and put it together and plugged it in expecting a test with great results. Yea right!
I plugged it in and it filled all the way up and overflowed. I opened up the red handled ball valve all the way and still the same. I do have the pump hooked up around 6-8" away. What am I missing?
Helllllllllllllpppppppp!
icon_e_confused.gif

TIA
002.jpg

001.jpg
 
not yet, but i did remove the barb fitting on the ball valve and that seems to be doing the trick. thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new