Help with Kessil Lighting - A160 or A360...intensity and Color Setting Recommendations

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new back into the hobby after being out for 10yrs. I purchase the KessildA360X's for my 90gl Tank and a A160 for my 29gl tank. The A360X lights are combined with a Hybrid T5 fixture. So my question is regarding the Intensity level and color temp that I should be running these lights at. Right now I chose to go with the middle 50/50 setting on the A160 which has no controller. It is on the 29gl tank.

The A360X's (2 of them) are being used with the WiFi Dongle and app and I have them running on the default program, increasing and decreasing intensity through the daily cycle.

I was wondering what others are doing in terms of settings...should I be running these at 100% intensity and then adjust color to my liking?

Any suggestions and recommendations is much appreciated...thanks

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t say what corals you have?

The colour on Kessil is only for your enjoyment, doesn’t really affect the spectrum of the light, choose whenever colour you prefer.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef. I am just starting out with corals...mainly ZOA's, softies and some mushrooms to get started. I agree with the color spectrum as I have adjusted to my personal preference.

What about the Intensity? Right now I am at 50%. Should I gradually increase to full intensity?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have T5s too then 50% may still be too much, I would try 30% and see how they like that. If they look unhappy or don’t open you can try more.

Remember though that the T5s will be more than enough for what you are planning. You have Kessil too...So start low and increase if needs be.

Mark'os Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes start lower I agree with Reef. Slowly increase run time of T5's and Kessil intensity should ramp up to 30-35% for only a few hours in the beginning. Depending on tank depth and livestock 50% may be all you will need as a max. Have fun.

Back