Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2693.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
My leathers aren’t opening up and I’m not sure what to do or what’s wrong. I’ve tested the parameters and everything seems fine, my other corals are thriving and doing well, but my leathers won’t open up. I’ve read that sometimes they will close up to shed, but it looks like bits of the tips are breaking off, is that them growing and reproducing via budding? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2693.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg
My leathers aren’t opening up and I’m not sure what to do or what’s wrong. I’ve tested the parameters and everything seems fine, my other corals are thriving and doing well, but my leathers won’t open up. I’ve read that sometimes they will close up to shed, but it looks like bits of the tips are breaking off, is that them growing and reproducing via budding? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Looks like shedding. Don't disturb them or they will be in shed longer. Mine stayed like this for almost two months after first adding it. Also what exactly are "fine" parameters? Are the pieces coming off large chunks or small debris?

OP
OP
L

Le Dirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like shedding. Don't disturb them or they will be in shed longer. Mine stayed like this for almost two months after first adding it. Also what exactly are "fine" parameters? Are the pieces coming off large chunks or small debris?
Small debris from the tips it looks like. I think my coral beauty is taking bites out of them but I’m not sure. I thought they only went after lps and sps, not softies

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small debris from the tips it looks like. I think my coral beauty is taking bites out of them but I’m not sure. I thought they only went after lps and sps, not softies
No, they definitely will go after softies if they feel like it. @i cant think used to have a coral beauty in a reef tank. @i cant think any advice?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back