Help with my coral

ravalos2282

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2023
Messages
59
Reaction score
8
Location
Salinas
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I notice my coral different this afternoon. It’s this normal it has never done this in the 3 months I’ve had it.

IMG_7901.jpeg IMG_7900.jpeg
 
I'm sorry I don't see a difference between the 2 pics. Can you describe what is wrong?
 
Thats a goniopora coral, its one of the pickier corals. This one has its polyps retracted. The first goni I ever had stayed closed for 3 months, so don't worry when you see a closed coral. It likes lower-medium light and medium flow, it should be a random flow, not pulling over to one side. Keep the water parameters as stable as possible. It will come around, its just taking time to get used to your tank.
 
Thats a goniopora coral, its one of the pickier corals. This one has its polyps retracted. The first goni I ever had stayed closed for 3 months, so don't worry when you see a closed coral. It likes lower-medium light and medium flow, it should be a random flow, not pulling over to one side. Keep the water parameters as stable as possible. It will come around, its just taking time to get used to your tank.
Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new