Help with my sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rcraft
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rcraft

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I am trying to get my phone hooked up to a 125 gallon tank I have been watching videos and reading and nothing is telling me what goes into the sump I know that my tank water drains into the first section goes into the second section which if I'm understanding everything right is a refugium ( I did learn that I do put sand or live rock) then it goes into the next section which I believe is where I put my protein skimmer and the pump to it back into the tank I am Not sure what goes into the first section do I put bio balls in there or do I put on some kind of a filter in there. My tank have 2 corner overflows with 2 1 inch holes and 2 3/4 hole (I believe are the returns lines) if someone can help me please
pictures of my sump

View attachment 304068

View attachment 304069

sump1.jpg


sump2.jpg
 
1" lines drain 3/4 is for return , mine goes thru a filter sock then I have skimmer and heater in center . My sump is gen three eshops so it is a little different than this one but same principles
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new