OP
B

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the coral not growing now?

The reason I ask is because it seems like you're new to the hobby and it's important to learn not to chase numbers. If your Alk is already at 10, you don't want it to go much higher...
No I’ve had fairly good growth in my tank it’s just I was wondering more on why my ph may be low but my alk is normal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oxygen has ZERO to do with PH. Assume you mean consuming co2 and produces oxygen, but oxygen level itself is not a factor of ph.
You're right, it has to do with carbon dioxide. The way photosynthesis affects CO2 is by using it, and oxygen is produced as a byproduct.

OP
OP
B

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the coral not growing now?

The reason I ask is because it seems like you're new to the hobby and it's important to learn not to chase numbers. If your Alk is already at 10, you don't want it to go much higher...
My coral is growing fairly well and I just had a question about the relationship between ph and alk, becuase many of the things I’ve read and watch tell me the two are connected even though I have Normal alk but low ph

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral is growing fairly well and I just had a question about the relationship between ph and alk, becuase many of the things I’ve read and watch tell me the two are connected even though I have Normal alk but low ph
7.8 isn't particularly low... It's not high by any means, but it's well within acceptable range...
Again I go back to the advice, don't chase numbers.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back