Help with phosphates

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluecheese
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes, I believe it is a GFO product. It is very efficient and lost of people on this forum use it and that’s why I tried it. You will save money and time. I got mine from Amazon.
I’ve used it in the past. It works very fast if it’s in a position moderate to high flow. So be sure you’re testing daily to make sure you don’t bottom out.
 
I haven't used GFO in maybe two years, lol. I was just saying for use on a daily basis as opposed to using it off & on.

In a 100 gallon display system that had elevated phosphate, I’d start with 2 tablespoons GFO changed weekly and see what that does.
 
I’m thinking I may set up a refugium with chaeto. I tried It once before, but the chaeto died. But, that was when the tank was fairly new
I just set up a DIY with a rectangular basket with thick density styrofoam and a Hygger gooseneck light, running it at night only. Par is about 100. It's positioned right after the skimmer and before the return chamber. Lots of flow pushing through the basket. I just rotate the Chaeto every day. I added pods every day and phyto as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new