Help with piwder blue tang

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My freind's pb tang is in some bad shape. Is it ich or bacterial?
Screenshot_20240313-222418_YouTube.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My freind's pb tang is in some bad shape. Is it ich or bacterial?
Screenshot_20240313-222418_YouTube.jpg

These are mucus cones which they often contract and may be mixed in with ich, therefore you will need to quarantine it and treat with either coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are mucus cones which they often contract and may be mixed in with ich, therefore you will need to quarantine it and treat with either coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
Ohk it is alone with some seahorses. He may hv copper and it's a qt tank.

Thx for help

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ohk it is alone with some seahorses. He may hv copper and it's a qt tank.

Thx for help
I hope those seahorses arent in copper. A copper test will confirm ant presence and at what level

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oo he was treating at 1.0 and now he is moving seahorses and slowly increasing cu level
Should get to 2.5 within a couple days and then keep it there.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oo he was treating at 1.0 and now he is moving seahorses and slowly increasing cu level
Seahorses are intolerant of copper and chloroquine phosphate. As I mentioned levels, do not ramp copper as increasing copper level slowly can allow the disease to gain resistance making it harder to treat a given disease. Add partial doses and get to the full treatment level as soon as possible, Not a couple of days and yes they tolerate Coppersafe, not cupramine well.

OP
OP
KING KONG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx but it didn't make it. I hv advised him to go fishless and change his source coz i think something is tricky with his source. He got velvet few months ago and now again

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back