Help with prime hd 16 settings please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JesseLikesHondas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 prime 16 HD’s for my 30” L x 17” W x 19” H tank. (40 gallons). I am trying to have a mixed tank with LPS softies mainly with a FEW SPS. (Maybe 3-4 max) I am wondering what settings I should use! I put the AB+ settings but I am confused on the additional “moonlight” setting. Can someone please help me with this?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set your blue(s) to 3 - 10 percent for the time period. If you want the app to modulate the intensity turn on the lunar setting.
If your lights are set for 10% for nighttime, during a crescent (quarter) moon it will reduce the lights to 2.5% and during a full moon the lights will be full 10%. If the lunar setting is off the lights will be 10% every night.

OP
OP
J

JesseLikesHondas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set your blue(s) to 3 - 10 percent for the time period. If you want the app to modulate the intensity turn on the lunar setting.
If your lights are set for 10% for nighttime, during a crescent (quarter) moon it will reduce the lights to 2.5% and during a full moon the lights will be full 10%. If the lunar setting is off the lights will be 10% every night.
Thanks for this information as it was very useful for setting that effect but I was wondering about the “moonlight channel”. It has a value (intensity) I can adjust.

EB16B677-ACB0-4976-9B5A-CE342B325828.png

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this information as it was very useful for setting that effect but I was wondering about the “moonlight channel”. It has a value (intensity) I can adjust.

EB16B677-ACB0-4976-9B5A-CE342B325828.png
The control has changed since I last used it. From what I read on AI website you set the max intensity percent of the moonlight channel and the control will adjust the intensity as described earlier. If you want to control the moonlight amount yourself and it stay the same every night, set the moonlight channel to zero, then set your moonlight timeframe and adjust the blue(s) to you desired nighttime setting.

Kinda miss them ol’ 26s.....

OP
OP
J

JesseLikesHondas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The control has changed since I last used it. From what I read on AI website you set the max intensity percent of the moonlight channel and the control will adjust the intensity as described earlier. If you want to control the moonlight amount yourself and it stay the same every night, set the moonlight channel to zero, then set your moonlight timeframe and adjust the blue(s) to you desired nighttime setting.

Kinda miss them ol’ 26s.....
Cool thanks for the help! What did you upgrade to?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks for the help! What did you upgrade to?
You’re welcome.
Switched to Radion XR15s from the AI 26HDs. I can’t say that ones better than the other though. Still have a lot of the AI profiles “just in case”.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back