Help with Red Sea Max Nano Skimmer

jonny_milner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have been cycling my Max Nano for two weeks now and last night I turned my skimmer on for the first time to get it set up. It’s the stock skimmer and seemed easy enough to set up but since it’s been on I now have tons of tiny bubbles clouding up my water. If I turn the skimmer off the water clears.
Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong or how to stop this? This is my first reef tank and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jonny

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

Welcome to Reef2Reef.

I'm not familiar with your system. Skimmers do have some break-in time. Maybe a foam filter on the outlet will help with the bubbles?

OP
OP
J

jonny_milner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

Welcome to Reef2Reef.

I'm not familiar with your system. Skimmers do have some break-in time. Maybe a foam filter on the outlet will help with the bubbles?
Thanks for your reply. From what I’ve researched it’s probably down to the fact I have no livestock in my tank yet so nothing to skim from the water as such. I’ve turned it off for now until I get my first fish in.

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s two adjustments on the skimmer the air control valve and to the other side is the gate that goes up and down try adjust the gate and then the air control. Did you use the foam parts that come with the tank? It take time to adjust right. Mine took about a month to brake in.

ChilledReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s two adjustments on the skimmer the air control valve and to the other side is the gate that goes up and down try adjust the gate and then the air control. Did you use the foam parts that come with the tank? It take time to adjust right. Mine took about a month to brake in.
Do you have any pics of how the filter sponge is supposed to fit the skimmer? I bought a red sea reefer and it didn't have the sponge but I bought one. Dont know how it's supposed to fit in.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back