Help! With reefmat 500

ParaFish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2024
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
Lafayette
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I’m still new to the hobby. I recently installed a reef mat 500. The first roll lasted me 50 days. I fed twice a day bioload is low. I have like 6 fish and 3 corals. My tank is a 110 gallon. For some odd reason the last roll just kept feeding itself and now it’s doing the same. I went from avg about 30 inches a day to 200inches. What is happening!?!?!? lol
 
Hello all. I’m still new to the hobby. I recently installed a reef mat 500. The first roll lasted me 50 days. I fed twice a day bioload is low. I have like 6 fish and 3 corals. My tank is a 110 gallon. For some odd reason the last roll just kept feeding itself and now it’s doing the same. I went from avg about 30 inches a day to 200inches. What is happening!?!?!? lol

IMG_3338.png IMG_3339.png IMG_3340.png
 
Hello all. I’m still new to the hobby. I recently installed a reef mat 500. The first roll lasted me 50 days. I fed twice a day bioload is low. I have like 6 fish and 3 corals. My tank is a 110 gallon. For some odd reason the last roll just kept feeding itself and now it’s doing the same. I went from avg about 30 inches a day to 200inches. What is happening!?!?!? lol
Do you have bubbles coming from yours ?
 
Is the water height in the sump higher than before and/or has the sensor been cleaned/have bubbles bursting directly under the sensor?

Any/all of those can cause premature advancement of the roll (assuming the rolls aren't dirty)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new