Help with scoly!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shibaken3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shibaken3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
371
Location
LasVegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this scoly for 2 years. Today, it has a gaping mouth. skeleton is showing around its mouth. I feed it reefroid once or twice a week, and sometimes shrimp pellets instead. The last time I fed it was, i think Monday or Tuesday. And today's Thursday so I don't know if it got an infection from the last feeding. I do not want to loose this coral will it be ok? will it recover? I have lots of other coral, and they look fine, so the parameter is out of question. The latest addition to the tank, about a month ago, would be some peppermint shrimp for aptasia control. from what I observe, peppermint hasn't mess with any of the corals (yet). Fish: 2 clown, rabbit fish, tomini, and flameback angel. Tomini nips some of my coral, but not the flame back angle. I attached a photo of today and when it was healthy. Let me know if it will recover??

20251016_162045.jpg 20250923_173518.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new