Help with suspected intestinal parasite in QT'd Carpenter Flasher and possibly Filament Flasher infected

Fishrocker1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been dealing with a bit of an issue in my 20 gal long QT tank. I picked up two new flasher wrasses from my lfs about a week ago both of which ate on the day of their arrival. About 3 days in I noticed labored breathing from the carpenter which prompted me to do a freshwater dip after testing paramters which were in appropriate ranges. The FW dip revealed 4 gill flukes as I sucpected dealing with them many times before from the same vendor. I promptly treated the tank with a round prazi for about 3 days which then I did a 95% water change and dosed the appropriate amount of Micro Bacter 7. After the water change the carpenter pooped out a white thing roughly the width of a ramen noodle to which the filament wrasse desided to devour before I could remove it. Its been about 2 days now and the carpenter wrasse hides all day and refuses to eat. The filament wrasse remains active and continues to eat. I have delivered a second round of prazi and have mixed freeze dried mysis with metroplex, focus, prazi, selcon, and garlic guard which I've seen the filament wrasse eat a little of and the carpenter not even flinch for. Any thoughts on what I should do from here or should I stick to my regiment in hopes the condition of the carpenter improves.

Attachments

• IMG_6205.mov
    18.5 MB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back