Help with ugly stage and tank lighting

devin.reed2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going through the uglies right now and I also just got a new G6 Radion XR15 Blue which I’m stoked about. I am borrowing a friend’s PAR meter and have dialed in the light just fine. Below is a picture with some PAR level readings I got (I’d like to grow LPS and softies mainly). Currently I have some softies (Zoas, Xenia and GSP). IMG_2438.jpeg
My question is, since I’m in the uglies, should I leave the lights on to achieve the PAR levels above for the corals? Or should I not run the lights as high while in the ugly stage? Thanks in advance as I’m new to reefing. I know my tank needs to get thru the uglies but it’s not fun to look at

Last edited:

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t mention I have some zoas on the right, xenia on left and GSP in middle.
I’d leave the lights on for the corals and increase CUC and make sure you’re doing your water changes. It will pass.

OP
OP
D

devin.reed2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t sure if it was bubble algae, i got concerned lol.
Algae produces oxygen through photosynthesis. Air bubbles will happen. (And bubble algae is not the end of the world by any means...)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My tank is going through the uglies right now and I also just got a new G6 Radion XR15 Blue which I’m stoked about. I am borrowing a friend’s PAR meter and have dialed in the light just fine. Below is a picture with some PAR level readings I got (I’d like to grow LPS and softies mainly). Currently I have some softies (Zoas, Xenia and GSP). IMG_2438.jpeg
My question is, since I’m in the uglies, should I leave the lights on to achieve the PAR levels above for the corals? Or should I not run the lights as high while in the ugly stage? Thanks in advance as I’m new to reefing. I know my tank needs to get thru the uglies but it’s not fun to look at
Please post another pic and future pics under white light intensity for clear i.d
This pic is extremely dark in blue hue

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back