Help with understanding two part epoxy and overflowing skimmer

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm looking into insights on the length of time it takes for the two part overflowing agent to dissipate. It's the two part epoxy from two little fishies.

I used a quarter roll mounting some corals two days ago. I let me skimmer overflow into some carbon yet I'm seeing no reduction in foaming so far.

Are people changing tons of water? Or how long am I waiting for this to go down. The skimmer is my only nutrient removal filter.
Btw I haven't changed any water yet because I'm switching salts and the new bucket does not come in until tomorrow night.

Thanks!
Eric

Last edited:

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nothing scientific for you nor do I think this is something oft discussed online, but my "gut" says if you are still seeing heavy foaming then the source is not likely from the additive, but more likely something in your system. My skimmer has daily swings of a substantial nature with peak foaming in the morning each day during which time the foam will overflow in to an external collection cup, but then subside during the day.

I guess what I'm wondering is: Are you saying you think your skimmer has excessive foaming due to the additive?

OP
OP
flampton

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nothing scientific for you nor do I think this is something oft discussed online, but my "gut" says if you are still seeing heavy foaming then the source is not likely from the additive, but more likely something in your system. My skimmer has daily swings of a substantial nature with peak foaming in the morning each day during which time the foam will overflow in to an external collection cup, but then subside during the day.

I guess what I'm wondering is: Are you saying you think your skimmer has excessive foaming due to the additive?

Thank you for making me realize I was unclear in my post! I'm referring to two part epoxy. I edited my original post. No wonder no one has answered. Everyone's thinking part A and B. Lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back