Help with uv sterlizer

reedwithE&Y

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
5
Location
sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5135.jpeg
IMG_5136.jpeg

I’m just wondering if this Uv sterilizer is better pushing out at the surface or inside the middle of tank ? I already have a hob filter & wave maker and just feel like it can be to much flow for my clowns & prefer it more at the surface but the top of sterilizer stays out of water if I do that. Input and output including light stay submerged even with it pushing at the surface of the water . So my other question is does it have to be fully submerged even if the light, input & output are all submerged either way
 
How you have it is fine. When I ran a small Green Machine in my rock curing tote, the top of it was out of the water so I could use the output as surface agitation.
 
Upvote 0
How you have it is fine. When I ran a small Green Machine in my rock curing tote, the top of it was out of the water so I could use the output as surface agitation.
Thanks so much !! I’m going to place it towards the top more then for more surface agitation I was hoping it would be okay
 
Upvote 0
As long as the pump section (top) is mostly under water to help keep it cool, you are good. The UV bulb is in the lower part.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new