Help with water box RODI system with 14TDS

LV reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2024
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Location
las vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a water box 4 stage RODI system. At first the water was coming out of TDS2 as 1-3 PPM. Now it comes out of TDS1 as 0 PPM. Then TDS2 14PPM. I’ve already noticed a difference in my reef tank and think it’s contributing to diatoms. Should I replace the filter? Get a bigger system? I’m in Las Vegas so our water isn’t the best but definitely not that bad. Help please!!

IMG_6932.jpeg
 
Are you sure the TDS sensors are not switched? Or that TDS1 is not the final sensor? It does not make much sense that your water is coming out of the RO at 0 and then spikes after going through DI.
 
Is your DI resin brown? Usually it changes to a tan/brown color once expended. Your resin should get you to zero TDS of final product water. Your RO membrane usually gets it close to zero a d DI cleans up the rest.
Yes it started to turn brown recently but I haven’t made more than 150 gallons of water from it. I only do about. 30-40 gallon water change every 2 weeks between both tanks so I can’t see it being the issue.
 
Are you sure the TDS sensors are not switched? Or that TDS1 is not the final sensor? It does not make much sense that your water is coming out of the RO at 0 and then spikes after going through DI.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. But also my water going in at 14TDS doesn’t seem right either being I live in the city, I tried looking at water box website and all I could find was TDS1 is water going in, and TDS 2 is water coming out. Any better info would be great cause if it is 0 then awesome I know I’m just over feeding a lil too heavy
 
Yes it started to turn brown recently but I haven’t made more than 150 gallons of water from it. I only do about. 30-40 gallon water change every 2 weeks between both tanks so I can’t see it being the issue.
As long as the whole canister isn’t brown you should be ok.
 
Whatever TDS Sensor is in the final stage is what your using. Probablty TDS1
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new