Help with what order to add the livestock.

Ironclad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for suggestions on what order I should add the livestock that I am planning on putting in my 90-gallon tank. My tank will be a LPS/softy tank. My livestock list is:

Pair of clownfish
Midas Blenny
Flame Hawkfish
Royal Gramma
Melanarus Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
Orange Spotted Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair
Mandarin Fish
1 or 2 of the Smaller tangs such as Tomini or Bristletooth

I know for sure that I am going to add the clownfish pair first and the mandarin fish last, once I've built up a sufficient pod population. Other than that, I'm at somewhat of a loss on when to add what. Should I add each fish separately or in groups? I understand that I should add the wrasse at the same time and probably the tangs at the same time as well. I also know that I shouldn't add too much at once in order for the tank to have time to acclimate to the increase in bioload. However, how long should I wait? In what order should I add the fish? Thank you for your input!!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for suggestions on what order I should add the livestock that I am planning on putting in my 90-gallon tank. My tank will be a LPS/softy tank. My livestock list is:

Pair of clownfish
Midas Blenny
Flame Hawkfish
Royal Gramma
Melanarus Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
Orange Spotted Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair
Mandarin Fish
1 or 2 of the Smaller tangs such as Tomini or Bristletooth

I know for sure that I am going to add the clownfish pair first and the mandarin fish last, once I've built up a sufficient pod population. Other than that, I'm at somewhat of a loss on when to add what. Should I add each fish separately or in groups? I understand that I should add the wrasse at the same time and probably the tangs at the same time as well. I also know that I shouldn't add too much at once in order for the tank to have time to acclimate to the increase in bioload. However, how long should I wait? In what order should I add the fish? Thank you for your input!!
I would add the clown pair first, I always do. Never had a problem. But the pistol shrimp is going to be a meal for a hawkfish, they prey on any kind of shirmps. Its usually an either or with them! I would then add the midas, goby, royal gramma, wrasse at the same time and then tangs at the same time! Wait at least 9 months for the mandarin and be prepared to dose pods often! I love my pistol/watchmen pair so I personally would pass on the hawkfish to have that pair

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back