Help with what type of disease or injury my Magnificent Fox Face has

Plesoine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning and saw him like this, he is in a 180 gallon reef tank and I have no problems with any other fish. I never saw anything like this. I'm not sure if its a disease or if he got nailed by my carpet anemone. I took him out ad placed him in a tank with copper and Prazipro. I tried feeding him and he won't eat. Not looking so good. Prize fish of this tank. Any help or suggestions from anyone would be of great help. Thanks

Attachments

• foxface.jpg
    foxface.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 490

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be right about the run in with the anemone. Prazipro might be a good thing if it is an internal parasite. I don't think I would be doing copper and Prazipro at the same time. <br type="_moz">

OP
OP
P

Plesoine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did almost a full water change on the quarantine tank to get the meds out, should be no stress other then reducing the meds since all the water I started the quarantine tank with and replaced were all from the 180. The more I'm reading I can't find any disease that looks like this and its only on one side. Wouldn't be first fish that had a run in. It ate keyhole tang last year. Woke up and only tail was sticking out. Time for a new home in one of my other non-reef tanks I think. Thanks for the advice. If anyone else has any other ideas please let me know.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he brushed up against the carpet. Prognosis is usually pretty bleak, but having him in copper/prazi isn't helping with the eating problem. He's basically been poisoned and only time will help with that if he can survive the sting. After his appetite returns, you will probably need to treat with antibiotics.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back