Help with yellow eyed kole tang

JoseQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R,
My yellow eye has a huge scrape on his side. He didn't have it yesterday and I didn't notice it this morning so I want to say it is very recent.
It is eating perfectly fine and is still being its typical self. No signs of ick in the tank and also no flashing against rocks or the sand bed.

I am worried it might be something else though so I am posting on here for advice. I have started treatment with Kanaplex and Focus to start with. I will also attach the best pictures I could get of him.

Thank you!

20211228_203238.jpg 20211228_203246.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like post-injury. While most saltwater fish can heal quickly and on their own, I’d be be concerned with possibility of infection. Assure optimum water quality and you can add melafix as a disinfectant or ruby rally reef

OP
OP
JoseQ

JoseQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like post-injury. While most saltwater fish can heal quickly and on their own, I’d be be concerned with possibility of infection. Assure optimum water quality and you can add melafix as a disinfectant or ruby rally reef
Thank you so much! I was thinking the same thing but I just wanted to verify. I am currently running cupramine at half strength. I know it says not to add any other type of chemicals or run UV.
Do you happen to know if I can add either melafix or ruby rally safely?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you so much! I was thinking the same thing but I just wanted to verify. I am currently running cupramine at half strength. I know it says not to add any other type of chemicals or run UV.
Do you happen to know if I can add either melafix or ruby rally safely?
Melafix yes which is more of a tonic than medication

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 158 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back