Help! Yellow finger leather turning purple?

Sivarticus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, as the title posts my yellow finger leather is turning purple and downsizing. some things that have happened recently:

I had fragged a small finger on him to give to my bro in law. fraged out of tank, in a seachem reef dip/ tank mix.

my 72 bowfront started leaking so I had to get a new tank very quickly

I moved all my corals and fish into a 75 holding tank while my new tank was getting set up

the new tank is a 180, to only roughly 30 gallons total was old water

I acclimated the 30 gallons of water to about 50 gallons of water over an 8 hour period to not shock anything. I then moved all of it to the new tank only 80 gallons to start.

I added 10-15 gallons of fresh mixed water daily for about a week.

the new tank is cycling again as I have a diatom outbreak.

parameters are:
1.025 checked via hydrometer. I have always kept it at as close to 1.025 and has been great
alk: 11
temp: 78
calcium: 500
amm/nitrite/nirate 0
phospahtes ~.25 using api test kit ( hard to tell)

is he acting up between the fragging and cycling of the tank again? do you think he will be ok? all of my other corals, inverts, and fish made the switch and are eating and doing great
finger leather.png

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a little stressed. They close up and shrink when they acclamat to a new environment. It may also shed. Just give it time. Mine just went through this after I moved it to add more LR. I than put it back in its place. It was not happy for three days.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back