HELP!!! Zoas are looking crazy

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all so I have a tank set up for growing zoa and softy’s only. The the only thing I don’t like about the parameters right now is the the NO3 is at 3ppm instead of the 10-15 I’d like. Other than that parameters all in check. It started with with one zoa curling up and puking its guts out and now it’s making its way through the tank. These are all high end zoa for the lost part so the losses are piling up. I’ve never had this happen in the 15 years I’ve been reefing so any help or guidance is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
IMG_6302.jpeg
IMG_6303.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fresh water dip them knock off red planaria, may be cause ? then iodine based dip,rinse dip and see what happens, only coral affected , have a FTS ?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Full tank shot/s ,pics ... :)

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This look just like the injuries my zoas are getting from Astrenia starfish. I thought they were harmless but they recently started eating my zoa heads

OP
OP
InvictusReef

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all so I have a tank set up for growing zoa and softy’s only. The the only thing I don’t like about the parameters right now is the the NO3 is at 3ppm instead of the 10-15 I’d like. Other than that parameters all in check. It started with with one zoa curling up and puking its guts out and now it’s making its way through the tank. These are all high end zoa for the lost part so the losses are piling up. I’ve never had this happen in the 15 years I’ve been reefing so any help or guidance is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
IMG_6302.jpeg
IMG_6303.jpeg
My Parameters
IMG_6307.jpeg

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So that's a text book case of a bacterial infection. Parameters aren't really important at this point.

I'd strongly recommend triaging and cutting out anything that looks like the ones in the pic above. I'd then suggest a chemi-clean dip followed by a system wide treatment with the same.

Something that advanced is almost impossible to save, your best bet is to contain and treat anything that still looks healthy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back