Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reo2140
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reo2140

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2019
Messages
51
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently test my water in the middle of the week and found out my salinity was high it was 1032 I try bringing it down I been having my coral die now I’m trying to bring it down anything else I should do
 
I would bring it down with water changes so that you remove any harmful effects from the coral die off.

For example, maybe do a 25% water change with water mixed to 1.021-1.023. Then see what that brings your specific gravity to. Then maybe repeat 1-2 more times, adjusting the specific gravity appropriately, until hopefully you are back around 1.023-1.25 area.

Keep an eye on your nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia - may need to do larger water changes if the die off is really bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new