Help

BPaquatics

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2025
Messages
112
Reaction score
26
Location
United states
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been away and not really paying attention to my tank. It’s about 6 months old and nothing is in it and I don’t really know what to do. Yes i know it looks like crap I’m cleaning it out now. What do I do now.
image.jpg
 
clean as much algae out by hand as possible. Check salinity, nitrates, phosphates. Do a big water change. Add clean up crew if needed.
 
I’ve been away and not really paying attention to my tank. It’s about 6 months old and nothing is in it and I don’t really know what to do. Yes i know it looks like crap I’m cleaning it out now. What do I do now.
image.jpg
If nothing is in it do a complete black out until all the algae is gone. If nitrates are still high it might be best to do a 100% water change and take a tooth brush or some tools and completely scrub away all the hail algae in the tank.

Probably best to restart the cycle before adding anything in it. What led up to this point and did you have lights running with nothing in it? Looks like a ton of white lights, white, green, & red grow hair algae and other algae like crazy.
 
If nothing is in it do a complete black out until all the algae is gone. If nitrates are still high it might be best to do a 100% water change and take a tooth brush or some tools and completely scrub away all the hail algae in the tank.

Probably best to restart the cycle before adding anything in it. What led up to this point and did you have lights running with nothing in it? Looks like a ton of white lights, white, green, & red grow hair algae and other algae like crazy.
Yea I changed the lights to whiter js for the picture but usually it’s close to 50/50 or mostly blue. Yes I had the light’s sunrise and sunset cycle set.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new