Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 94Roarge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

94Roarge

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
948
Reaction score
470
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently my big female Domino Damsel has started to attack the Anemones on the back of my big Anemone Hermit. When she does it seems like she damages the nems. This time there is HEAPS of the fluro stuff coming out of the nems bodies.

What can I do apart from rehoming either the hermit or the damsels?
 
Here are some photos
4f19c111fc1fca6bc2ec7601a8f8c1b5.jpg
a685956cdaab540bc530511b0c8dbde3.jpg
a52f7f45c0d893198aafd01c5d00b171.jpg
 
Gotta tell you, I was thinking "rehome" ... but perhaps someone else on the #reefsquad can offer a solution . . .

~Bruce
+1 on the rehome
 
Sorry to say, but when a damsel goes rogue... you might try creating a time out wall in the tank with some egg crate. Damsels are pretty mono focused. If you can get her focused on something else that might help in the short term. Sorry!
 
I will say it it only when the hermit goes to the right hand side of the tank. Even though the damsel pair dpends most of it's time in the center of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new