Help!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0cb0dc0c5ffbd0d11cdb4aa084dcf2f0.png

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Marine Depot. They had some under their sale tab.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey there!

Unfortunately we don't have replacement parts for this manufacturer. You may have to reach out to them directly. :)

Thanks!

-Randy

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Unfortunately we don't have replacement parts for this manufacturer. You may have to reach out to them directly. :)

Thanks!

-Randy

Thank you I'm battling ich right now and I wanna have anything that could help. With the sterilizer not running howbbadly will this make my ich problem get worse

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep them well fed and as stress free as possible, and start planning to let your tank go fallow for 76 days minimum. In my opinion, this is the best and only way you can truly clear ich from your system...

Put the fish in QT, hospital tanks, etc... and start treating them while your tank is fallow. I too had ich i was battling, after so many attempts of trying to battle ich with all my fish in the system, it was dang near impossible.

I ended up removing what fish i had left, and leaving my tank fallow for 76 days, and i couldn't have been happier doing that. It's a sore to see a tank with no fish, but it was well worth it and my system is now ich free and i'm very careful with all future additions.

best of luck to you bud....

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correction, i let it sit fallow for 3 months, a little over the 76 day mark they suggest, but then again that's just me. I wanted to go over the minimum limit just to be on the safe side.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I'm battling ich right now and I wanna have anything that could help. With the sterilizer not running howbbadly will this make my ich problem get worse

It's tough to tell how much impact UV actually has on ich. There is heavy debate and many threads about using UV as a method of ich treatment and many of them refute the benefits. I know one of the main arguments around UV and ich is that UV can only really effect the ich parasites that are in a stage of their life cycle where they are free floating. However, the percentage of those that are actually free floating versus the ones in other stages of life cycle where they are living on the substrate or on the fish itself.

I can't say with certainty that UV doesn't work on ich, but I would have to say that it shouldn't be the only source of treatment method. :)

We also did this video which touches on ich and other parasites!

-Randy

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's tough to tell how much impact UV actually has on ich. There is heavy debate and many threads about using UV as a method of ich treatment and many of them refute the benefits. I know one of the main arguments around UV and ich is that UV can only really effect the ich parasites that are in a stage of their life cycle where they are free floating. However, the percentage of those that are actually free floating versus the ones in other stages of life cycle where they are living on the substrate or on the fish itself.

I can't say with certainty that UV doesn't work on ich, but I would have to say that it shouldn't be the only source of treatment method. :)

We also did this video which touches on ich and other parasites!

-Randy

Thank you I got the replacement parts coming tomorrow. Ultralife was giving me a hard time. I've had this unit for 3 months already changed the bulb once and now I need a ballast and maybe a new bulb. They are sending me both to be sure. Thank you for your help!

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correction, i let it sit fallow for 3 months, a little over the 76 day mark they suggest, but then again that's just me. I wanted to go over the minimum limit just to be on the safe side.

I just got done doing my fallow period. Did everything right. Seriously. And some way some how I got ich again. I can't bring myself to tear my reef apart again. I have so many Montipora incrusting to the back glass. I'm just looking to manage the ich now. I don't understand I've been doing salt water for 6 uears never got ich once until now.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done doing my fallow period. Did everything right. Seriously. And some way some how I got ich again. I can't bring myself to tear my reef apart again. I have so many Montipora incrusting to the back glass. I'm just looking to manage the ich now. I don't understand I've been doing salt water for 6 uears never got ich once until now.
I did 3 months fallow, treated all fish with coppersafe at 2.0 tested daily, didn't have any shared equipment and I also am seeing ich on my hippo tang. It's very frustrating. I didn't start seeing ich the 1st time until I stopped using my uv. Considering starting my uv back. Good luck with your fish.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's possible it was still on one of your fish when you brought it in, and it re-surfaced -

In any case, I didn't do a complete tear down. I just took out the live-stock that is prone to ich during an outbreak. I took advantage of my fallow period by getting more corals and inverts. So it's not a total tear down. Just no fish

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible it was still on one of your fish when you brought it in, and it re-surfaced -

In any case, I didn't do a complete tear down. I just took out the live-stock that is prone to ich during an outbreak. I took advantage of my fallow period by getting more corals and inverts. So it's not a total tear down. Just no fish
I plan to do another fallow, but plan to add more frags first, more cuc and some inverts that way I won't have an empty tank. I am guessing my hippo carried the ick back into my display.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do some research on the cuc or inverts you plan to get - I think i read somewhere that some inverts or cuc are able to carry ich or have ich on them... Not sure tho. If anyone knows chime in please

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do some research on the cuc or inverts you plan to get - I think i read somewhere that some inverts or cuc are able to carry ich or have ich on them... Not sure tho. If anyone knows chime in please
I have read they can, that's why I am going to add now then go fallow again since somehow ich got back in my display.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back