Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

goldenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ever since i put my malnarus wrasse into my 30 gallon along with my 2 paird clowns my clowns have been acting a bit strange since after hanging around in the left side of the tank all day.. also my malnarus was out for the forst time today until my white and blie lights turned on he started to swim up and down the tank to then he burrowed himself anyone have any idea of what might be going on?

image.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate say this, but the melanurus wrasse needs a tank size of 50 gallons minimum. Halichoeres wrasses will do this "sand diving" at times when unsure of their surroundings. Takes time for them to adjust.

The clowns are just not use to the wrasse.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate say this, but the melanurus wrasse needs a tank size of 50 gallons minimum. Halichoeres wrasses will do this "sand diving" at times when unsure of their surroundings. Takes time for them to adjust.

The clowns are just not use to the wrasse.
I agree 100%. I think even 50 is on the small size. Mine always put himself to bed in the sand shortly after the main lights went out every night.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, agree with @Flippers4pups, needs a bigger tank. I noticed when I first got my clownfish is that they spent their first few days swimming up and down the tank, and as I believe it was said, fish will do that when uncomfortable with their new surroundings. New fish will obviously be stressed, but your tank is too small for a melanurus wrasse so it will be even more stressed. Take it back to the store or put it in a bigger tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back