Can you Id this on my clown. Possibly velvet?

BL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So on Monday, I woke up to my white tail bristletooth covered in what looked like a white dust, Monday night it passed. Then Tuesday it showed up on my male clown, he passed Tuesday night. And yesterday it showed up on my female clown, she’s still alive but acting abnormal. I’ve only got a leopard wrasse left in the tank with her. If it is velvet do I need to pull the leopard out and treat or are they “immune” to velvet and ich type parasites.

3508FBD3-850E-4EA4-A00B-339103B7BB21.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Read through this and post some white light pics and a short video please.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys,

So on Monday, I woke up to my white tail bristletooth covered in what looked like a white dust, Monday night it passed. Then Tuesday it showed up on my male clown, he passed Tuesday night. And yesterday it showed up on my female clown, she’s still alive but acting abnormal. I’ve only got a leopard wrasse left in the tank with her. If it is velvet do I need to pull the leopard out and treat or are they “immune” to velvet and ich type parasites.

3508FBD3-850E-4EA4-A00B-339103B7BB21.jpeg
This clown looks to have two things going here- Ich and possible bacterial lesions and you want to focus first on the ich along with good water quality. Treatment will be using coppersafe or copper power in a separate quarantine tank treating at therapeutic level 2.25 for a full 30 days monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
Any other fish in the tank should also be included as they have been exposed to this and tank will have to be Fallow(without fish - coral and inverts can remain) for 6-8 weeks to assure parasites die off without a host fish

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back