Help_ Lobo turning whiter every day-How to save it

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Lobo is turning whiter everyday. I have tried to feed it multiple times but it does not eat.
Water parameters are fine. You can see that everything else in the tank is ok. I tired feeding it reef roid, coral frenzy powder and pellets. I even put the pellets by its mouth. Does anyone know what is wrong with it and what to do. Posting an enlarged picture of the lobo and of the tank. Whe I brought it, it had a deep redpurple color. The other half of it is not what but is now dark black purple. Are both sides dying?
I have a 32 gallon biocube with LED lights that came with the biocube. I have changed water 15% weekly but I am going to cut down on the water changes. The alkalinity was fine and the phophates according to the store a week ago.

If it is dying should I remove it from the tank?

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

Shadowspop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try moving it to lower flow/light. Mine almost bit the dust, i moved it and its doing great. Mine was receding, not bleaching though.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not doing well, but don’t throw in the towel. Try moving it to lower light, and feeding it Mysis shrimp soaked in reef roids.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not doing well, but don’t throw in the towel. Try moving it to lower light, and feeding it Mysis shrimp soaked in reef roids.
Thank you. I will try the shrimp soaked in reef roid. I will more it to a spot behind the rock so that it does not get a lot of light. I wonder why one lobe is dark purple?

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will try the shrimp soaked in reef roid. I will more it to a spot behind the rock so that it does not get a lot of light. I wonder why one lobe is dark purple?

The one lobe is on it's side. It may not be getting as much light as the others that are facing upward.
bsa

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back