0   0   0
what fish disease protocol had you chosen after cycling

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its had fish for a month so cycling is normal, but clouding happens routinely in tanks with bac blooms and other insults. there are a few extra factors to eliminate when hunting for causes. these are at least avenues to look at.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filled the Cap maybe 60% I’m sure it wasn’t exactly half
That's good!! You said 3/4 of a cup. Must've been a typo. I would get the water change happening as soon as you can. It sounds like O2 depletion as other said.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it may be a tocsin in the water from when we were cleaning this all happened within 20 minutes and it started an hour ago I didn’t stick my hand in the tank until an hour after we were done cleaning so I hope I didn’t poison in the water with something
Cleaning? Cleaning the tank or cleaning something around the house?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around the house but we both know not to spray anything near the tank
Maybe you had some cleaning product on your hands still when you put your hand in the tank. Add some carbon, and do a water change asap. Do you have any snails or other inverts in your tank? If so, how are they doing? Are the copepods on your glass still moving?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant cap lol I didn’t catch that
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully the water change does the trick. For fish to respond like that so quickly seems to suggest oxygen issues or some toxin was introduced (like something on our hands poisoned the tank). Either way a water change is needed.

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you had some cleaning product on your hands still when you put your hand in the tank. Add some carbon, and do a water change asap. Do you have any snails or other inverts in your tank? If so, how are they doing? Are the copepods on your glass still moving?
Everything in my team is doing great even my starfish and my greenclown Goby all the copepods are doing perfectly My Gonipora is still out and doing fine

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly my wife who knows nothing about salt water took some of the salt water that still mixing and put it in a cup and put my other clown in there and he seems to be doing better

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cloudy seems to me it was bacteria bloom also. Either way, oxygen input is the best idea. When you add things in it can reduce o2 rapidly. I really hope this goes well and no more fish loss.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly my wife who knows nothing about salt water took some of the salt water that still mixing and put it in a cup and put my other clown in there and he seems to be doing better
If your corals and inverts aren’t affected then it doesn’t sound like a toxin. Increase surface agitation to add extra oxygen and do a water change asap as recommended. I hope your clowns recover! Good luck!!

OP
OP
stephenm894

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your corals and inverts aren’t affected then it doesn’t sound like a toxin. Increase surface agitation to add extra oxygen and do a water change asap as recommended. I hope your clowns recover! Good luck!!
So I assume my starfish is doing good everything else definitely is doing good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 23
Back