Herbivorous fish

Azzaman160

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have an existing nano tank and we are upgrading to a larger tank, im following the Red Sea starter kit reef mature, to get it up and running and im getting toward the stage of needing to add a herbivorous fish. The levels are all looking good, ammonia is 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm. Its a 41 gallon tank so still not huge so im thinking a Blenny of some description, has anyone got any other suggestions or had experience following the red sea system??

Thanks in Advance,

Aaron

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet would be a blenny of the genus Salarius (lawnmowers are well known) or Ecsenius (bicolors are also highly recommended). You can also use mollies as well.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have an existing nano tank and we are upgrading to a larger tank, im following the Red Sea starter kit reef mature, to get it up and running and im getting toward the stage of needing to add a herbivorous fish. The levels are all looking good, ammonia is 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm. Its a 41 gallon tank so still not huge so im thinking a Blenny of some description, has anyone got any other suggestions or had experience following the red sea system??

Thanks in Advance,

Aaron
I have a starry and a tailspot. For worker the starry gets the nod, for entertainer, the tailspot. Either is a good choice, the tailspot gets 1/2 as big.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back