4 day cycle?

ghill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased Red Sea Max Nano aquarium. Started cycle 4 days ago. Using Red Sea Reef Mature Starter Kit. Used live sand and two large live rocks from LFS. On day 4, Ammonia 0; Nitrite 0; Nitrate 5. Seems to me it is cycled. If so, do I continue the cycle recipe in the Ref Mature manual? Or am I better off letting this success go forward without any prodding? Added nothing to the equipment supplied with the aquarium except 2 Nero 3 wave makers. Skimmer working very well.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased Red Sea Max Nano aquarium. Started cycle 4 days ago. Using Red Sea Reef Mature Starter Kit. Used live sand and two large live rocks from LFS. On day 4, Ammonia 0; Nitrite 0; Nitrate 5. Seems to me it is cycled. If so, do I continue the cycle recipe in the Ref Mature manual? Or am I better off letting this success go forward without any prodding? Added nothing to the equipment supplied with the aquarium except 2 Nero 3 wave makers. Skimmer working very well.
I’m not familiar with the Ref Mature manual. I’m not sure if the manual was for cycling with dry rock or not. My guess is your live rock has enough bacteria on it to instant cycle. That’s why vendors can just set up tanks at reef shows. O-H!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back