Here's a new one for ya....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
GnarleyMarley

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My radion Gen 3 has lost intensity since I've gotten it. I was running it at 18% intensity for 2 years or so and it was producing 90 par on the sand bed. I've had to crank it up to 30% recently to produce the same par.

I'm running mine at 90%. Was at 60% but color and growth were off. I'm adding 4 t5s soon. I already bought the setup just want to get the radions working on the same page b4 adding them...

OP
OP
GnarleyMarley

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update anyone who may be following this. I contacted ecotech today, and got him to pull up this thread which made explaining the problem super simple, and as always their customer service was spot on! Unfortunatley, we exhausted all our options, and the final verdict was to send both lights into the shop to be calibrated, or have the clusters replaced if need be. People complain about the price of ecotech products, but when something goes wrong that is when they shine! So this weekend looks like it's going to b busy, i have to hook up my t5s to keep the corals happy while my radions go in for a checkup! I'll keep this thread updated in case anyone needs it down the rd.

OP
OP
GnarleyMarley

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, I said I would update this & here it is. I sent my lights in on Monday and spoke with ecotech when they recieved them on Wednesday to go into greater detail about the issues I was having. On Thursday I recieved a phone call from them. When we spoke they gave me a couple options. Option 1 fix my lights and send them back to me. Option 2..... let them keep my lights and allow me to purchase 2 new gen4 radions at a discounted price.

What kind of discount you ask???? $100 per light!!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

This is why you pay a premium price for ecotech products. They make a premium product, with the best customer service in the biz. I have never had a bad experience when dealing with their customer service, they always go above and beyond to make their customers happy.

This is just another reason why i will stay an ecotech marine customer.

I can't wait to get my new lights!!!!!!!

OP
OP
GnarleyMarley

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech mic drop...

20171016_190424.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back