Dwarf Fu ManChu lionfish

Paul

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Paul...gotta love the FU

That midas blenny is awesome as well....I saw one at the LFS a couple months ago and I was really contemplating getting one. I should have :(

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a real finicky Lionfish just like the Fu Manchu, what I did to finally get him eating frozen was I took tank water added some mysis to it and let it thaw out. Then I took the ghost shrimp and let them sit in the mysis shrimp water for a bit then fed the Lionfish. After about 2 weeks of doing this he finally started eating the mysis and after that I never feed him ghost shrimp. Not saying it will work 100% of the time but it did for me. I think it got him used to the smell and taste of the mysis and once he had that he recognized the frozen mysis as a food source. I used the largest mysis you can get, I have done it as well with small krill as well........Just an idea to try to get it on to something better then ghost shrimp, although it is cool to watch them eat.

OP
OP
Nikon_Guy

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that Fu Man Chu....Nice picture.... I swear I'm gonna start a FOWLER some day....

This is not a particularily great picture nor a very fancy fish, but I thought it was kind of cute.

royal.jpg

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Azurel....thanks for the 'feeding' tip. There's another type of Premium Mysis shrimp that is very high in Protein and it's labelled as P E Mysis shrimp.
A bit pricey but worth the while to try it out....

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nikon Guy....in fact the picture of the Fu Man Chu lionfish was shot utilising a small LED flashlight on my left hand (as a Tripod as well)and snapped with old Canon digital camera without Flash...LOL!
That's a Nice composition..nice color contrast too...and I mean Yours. He heh...!!

Paul

got zoanthids?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JAFOCA,
I have a tailspot too and mine looks the same way when his stomach is full and mine has been fine for a year that way.......
HTH , Scott

Back