Hermit Crab ID

ReefRookie22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2024
Messages
122
Reaction score
183
Location
Bristol
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought 3 "Bumblebee" hermit crabs which I fully appreciate are probably just hermit crabs that happen to live in bumblebee snail shells. They very quickly moved into new shells but I have no idea what they are. Not particularly worried about corals as I don't have any. Just interested. They are about 1 inch across.
IMG_20250306_211534.jpg

IMG20250306205347.jpg
 
Did you ask the place you bought from to confirm the type of crab?
 
I would have thought those shells would look more like this

1741297175984.png
Yes, that's the kind of shells they were in originally (below) but they've moved house a couple of times since then. I bought some old nassarius shells so they wouldn't go after my snails.
IMG20250306214533.jpg
 
Did you ask the place you bought from to confirm the type of crab?
No, they were listed as "bumblebee hermit crabs" so I didn't think anything about it at the time. I'll ask next time I'm in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new