Hermit Crab Stowaway

  • Thread starter Thread starter HawkeyeDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HawkeyeDJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2020
Messages
303
Reaction score
248
Location
North America
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday at the LFS they were having a sale on snails, and I bought several (20) turns out one of my Margarita snails is actually a hermit crab. Should I let him be or get rid of him? I understand that if I intend to keep him, I'll need a variety of larger shells for him to use. Other than that, are these crabs worthwhile?
 
So yesterday at the LFS they were having a sale on snails, and I bought several (20) turns out one of my Margarita snails is actually a hermit crab. Should I let him be or get rid of him? I understand that if I intend to keep him, I'll need a variety of larger shells for him to use. Other than that, are these crabs worthwhile?
Do you have a pic of crab to determine if good or bad?
I would guess its a blue leg or red leg hermit as margarita shells are small
 
Do you have a pic of crab to determine if good or bad?
I would guess its a blue leg or red leg hermit as margarita shells are small
As far as I can tell, the legs are dark, probably blue (?) I'll see if I can get a shot of it soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new