Hermit crabs and corals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cameronh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
6,791
Reaction score
5,320
Location
GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should these not be mixed? I have a bunch of zoas and mushrooms.
 
IME the best and most gentlest of Hermits are the Scarlet Legged Hermits aka Red Legged Hermit. Great little sand sifters, have never bothered my corals or snails. Mainly nocturnal. Just peaceful lil buggers [emoji7]
a0e2ed1237f8640ff7f99b4822ae01eb.jpg
 
Mine crawl all over my zoas:mad: I just wanna pull them out and smash them with a hammer!!!!!!!!!!! Always crawling around on them poking them with they're little hermit feet!!
 
generally its safe but theres always that 1 exception that can ruin your day... or your montipora setosa colony....
What happened to them??
 
They have blue legs
 
The small hermits are mostly harmless imho. I'd the same goes for shrimp. In their travels they'll walk on corals, pick at them here and there, but I've never seen any actual damage caused by them. My shrimp are on my corals all the time without damage.
 
The small hermits are mostly harmless imho. I'd the same goes for shrimp. In their travels they'll walk on corals, pick at them here and there, but I've never seen any actual damage caused by them. My shrimp are on my corals all the time without damage.
My large hermit alway finds fresh pieces of new rock and he always flips over or smashes my small mushrooms with his shell I’m about to get ride of him all my other smaller ones don’t do that he is blue/black with orange trim
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new